I enjoy keeping this personal timeline up to date. It highlights some of the important moments from my life each year.
- 🏝️ Built and launched Visabug — an application that collects 1M+ datapoints everyday on visa requirements and country statistics
- 🥈 Visabug goes to #2 on ProductHunt
- 🏔️ Completed the W Trek in Torres Del Paine, Patagonia with my wife
- 🏆 Built Servicify and won the Shopify App Challenge
- 🔲 Joined Square as an Engineering Manager, working on Retail
- 🏠 Moved to a new home in Richmond Hill
- 🎉 Turned 30!
- 🌴 Road-tripped across Costa Rica with my wife
- 🛳️ Went on my first cruise with the family
- 🏏 Won the Toronto and District Cricket Championship
- ✍️ Built and launched Abra — an application that makes it easier for product managers and engineering managers to plan
- Launched Remote Job Lists. It aggregates job listings from remote employers and presents them to users in an easy-to-search UI. Ended up open sourcing the project.
- Built Query It for a friend. It’s a web application that helps manufacturing companies define a workflow and manage engineering queries.
- Helped build a white-labeled car auction site for some friends (sorry, no link available because it’s private). I hear about $10M+ worth of transactions have happened on it though.
- Got Married!
- Visited Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, Bangkok, and Singapore.
- Completed my first full year as an Engineering Manager.
- Started working as an Engineering Manager at SoundHound, while still continuing to code.
- Was recognized as one of the Top 30 Under 30 Developers in Canada. They made a cool video about me.
- Did a 15-day trek through the Himalayas. We trekked the Manaslu Circuit and went up to an altitude of 5106M, with 330,572 steps counted.
- Proposed to my girlfriend.
- Grew SoundHound’s web team to 7 engineers.
- Built SoundHound’s voice data acquisition pipeline to improve training data for our speech engine.
- Launched Node Web Apps, a website to help other developers become better frontend engineers.
- Visited Japan and China.
- Launched the initial version of Houndify, SoundHound’s natural language platform. Houndify now has over 15K developers building applications on it and has raised $75M.
- Developed SoundHound’s web application stack.
- Trekked to Machu Picchu via the Salkantay Trek.
- Joined SoundHound as a Senior Software Engineer to build out their web products.
- Visited Milan, Switzerland, Budapest, and Prague.
- Built and released Pure CSS along with Eric F. Pure currently has 17k+ stars on GitHub.
- Gave a talk at Yahoo Open Hack USA.
- Moved back to Toronto to work remotely.