A bit about me
I’m a product-focused engineer with 10 years of experience building web applications across various architectures in cloud and serverless environments.
Over the years, I’ve grown into an Engineering Manager. I find joy in building happy, cohesive and high-performing engineering teams. I enjoy working in progressive people-first organizations.
I love coding and the feeling that comes with building something by yourself. When I build something new, I usually learn something in the process.
This website is a way for me to chronicle these lessons and ideas. Most of my articles are around solutions to problems that we face when building great web products.
My Side Projects
Apart from my professional work, these are some side projects that I’ve built in my spare time.
A minimalist CSS Framework with 20,000+ stars on GitHub.
An open source web application framework with built-in user authentication. I’m not working on this anymore, but remnants of it are present in the current web applications that I build.
A Framework for Doing the Right Things at the Right Time
How I think through where to focus my time and attention at work.
- How I aggregated a million data points and built a travel website: A summary of how I built Visabug in 60 days.
- Building Reusable React Components using Tailwind: This post got picked up by Smashing Magazine.
- Building Server-rendered React applications using NextJS: I use NextJS for all of my projects and this article shares my set up process.
- How do ExpressJS Sessions work?: An in-depth post into different session storage strategies.
Talks, presentations, and awards
- I won the 2020 Shopify App Challenge.
- I was recognized as one of the Top 30 under 30 developers in Canada, and shared what motivates me.
- Yahoo Open Hack USA: A talk about Pure CSS Framework
- Building native WinJS Apps using YUI at YUIConf
- I’ve also presented numerous times at the University of Toronto on career direction and engineering.
I’m currently not on the lookout for new opportunities, but if you are trying to try to get a hold of me, here’s my ideal workplace:
- Working with smart people on impactful products
- I prefer working with designers, engineers, and product managers to build user-facing features
- I enjoy ownership and responsibility
- I like having opportunities to learn new things
- Modern technology stack
- A company with a strong vision that treats its employees and its customers well
- The flexibility to work remotely sometimes