I’m a software engineer currently working at SoundHound. I enjoy building software products.
When I build something new, I usually learn something in the process.
This website is a way for me to chronicle these lessons and ideas. Most of my articles are around solutions to problems that we face when building great web products.
Products that I’ve built
- 🔮 Abra: A web application that helps product managers plan better.
- 🖌️ Pure: A minimalist CSS Framework with 17,000+ stars on GitHub.
- 👩💻 Remote Job Lists: An open source remote jobs site.
- ⚡ Bedrock: An open source web application framework with built-in user authentication.
Some of my recent articles
- Principles of Engineering Management: I share my thoughts around what the transition from a software engineer to a manager was like.
- Building Server-rendered React applications using NextJS: I use NextJS for all of my projects and this article shares my set up process.
- How do ExpressJS Sessions work?: An in-depth post into different session storage strategies.
Talks and presentations
- I was recognized as one of the Top 30 under 30 developers in Canada, and shared what motivates me.
- Yahoo Open Hack USA: A talk about Pure CSS Framework
- Building native WinJS Apps using YUI at YUIConf
- I’ve also presented numerous times at the University of Toronto on career direction and engineering, but the videos weren’t published. 😞
I’m currently not on the lookout for new opportunities, but if you are trying to try to get a hold of me, here’s my ideal workplace:
- Working with smart people on impactful products
- I prefer working on products instead of platforms
- I enjoy ownership and responsibility
- I like having opportunities to learn new things
- Modern technology stack
- A company with a strong vision that treats its employees and its customers well
- The flexibility to work remotely sometimes